Today many System Admins already know how to add/Remove Users Photo for Exchange, Skype or SharePoint but the others maybe not. In meanwhile admins need to manage their environment using GUI the easiest and fast way to do their jobs. Especially if modifying user photo using Microsoft Exchange (OWA) disabled in your Organization.
So this Article will help you to Add/Remove and Manage User Photo from Active Directory.
- Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin, and Schema Admin Account.
- Downloading ADExt.dll from here.
- InstallUtil.exe should be located in:
For 32 bit OS:
For 64 Bit OS:
For 64 Bit (2012&2012R2) OS:
Now let’s Start:
- Place ADExt.dll in C:\ Drive.
- Run Command Prompt AS Administrator.
- Change the Directory as per InstallUtil.exe Location.
In My Environment I have 2012 R2 so my directory will be: %WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319>)
- Install ADExt.dll Utility:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers (View – Advanced Features).
- Finally, Navigate to User OU and open User Properties.
Note: this not my Photo 😀
Hope this helps.